Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

My first food post!

I'm so excited for my first food post, and it's CUPCAKES at that! I've been on a serious cupcake kick lately, my latest obsession if you will. I ran across this blog that was a perfect feed to my addiction, anyone been to Your Cup of Cake? She has some seriously amazing looking cupcakes! I'm not quite at the point yet of throwing my own recipes together, I still need to get the feel for it so this was an awesome reference!

It was hard to decide on which 2 flavors I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to do something fruity and I knew I would like to use my ripe bananas with some chocolate. I found her recipe for Chocolate Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting and I immediately thought "WHAAAAT?!"...done. What an interesting combination, but how can you go wrong with chocolate, banana, and peanut butter??

Some of her recipes use cake box mixes, and this one really works with the devils food, how can you go wrong with devils food?! So I made my first batch of homemade cupcakes!

Oh my goodness, SO good! My frosting wasn't quite fluffy enough, I needed to whip it longer, but again: first time cupcake maker here :)

Regardless, these were a giant pile of greatness! I will definitely be making these again! Happy cupcake making :)

No comments:

Post a Comment